The County House was built as a new seat of Liptov County in 1778 – 1793. It was constructed by Peter Grossmann, a builder from the town of Banská Bystrica. An originally one floor building in the Baroque style was later extended and converted into Classicist County House.

Its present appearance was acquired in reconstruction of 1907, designed by Imre Hégnánya. In the second half of the 20th century, the building was a seat of the District National Committee, now it is the seat of the District Office. Its facade is decorated with the coat of arms of the Liptov County. The indoor staircase has monumental stained glass windows designed by an academic artist Ester Šimerová-Martinčeková.