The Castle Hrádok built on a small hill near the river Belá is situated in the town Liptovský Hrádok in the north of Slovakia. Though several versions of a story narrating the origin of the castle exist, one thing is certain: the first reference to the castle is from 1341.
The head of the Zvolen county Donč built the castle at the beginning of the 14th century. It was one of the military buildings guarding an important trade route along the river Váh. One of the legends testifies that the castle was connected by underground passages to the fortifications near Liptovský Ján and even the castle Liptovský hrad.
Later it became the seat of administration of the castle estate owned by the Kings of Hungary until the mid-15th century. The posterior owners (among them the noble families of Zápoľský, Thurzo, Ballas and others) received it as a gift. The Castle was heavily damaged during the Rebellions of the Estates at the turn of the 17th and 18th century. It is now under reconstruction. The Renaissance manor was added to the Castle structure in the 17th century. After a recent reconstruction it offers a stylish accommodation, food and unconventional conference rooms.
Access: on foot from Liptovský Hrádok (it takes 10 min); driving in the direction of Pribylina is possible as far as the Castle.
Look for treasure boxes at the following GPS: N49.0460166° E19.7327458°
ATTENTION! GPS coordinates determine the destination. Look for a chest. We do not play geocaching.
Access to Truhlička may be subject to payment of an entry. Protecting chests.